Rules & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions - Open Model Calls
1. Do I need to preregister for the Open Model Calls?
No. You will be provided with registration paperwork upon your arrival at the Open Model Call.
2. Do I need to attend more than one Model Call?
No. Contestants should only plan to attend one of the five Open Model Call events.
3. What should I bring to the model calls?
a. Please bring a photo ID (driver’s license, passport or government issued identification card). If you are under age 18 you must have a parent or guardian with you.
b. Please do not bring any photographs or look books with you. Anything you give to the judges will be discarded and will not be reviewed or returned.
4. Is there an age requirement to participate in Mario, Make Me a Model?
Yes, contestants must be 16 years of age or older as of June, 23, 2016.
There is no age limit to participate.
5. Do I need a parent or guardian with me if I am under age 18?
Yes. You will need a parent or guardian with you at the Open Model Call and at all times throughout the Mario, Make Me a Model competition.
6. What should I wear? Should my hair and makeup be done for the Open Model Call?
You should come with hair, makeup and wardrobe that best represents your personal style. Whatever makes you look and feel beautiful is what we want to see! We'll be snapping a photo as a part of the Model Call experience.
7. What should I expect at the Open Model Call that I attend?
Each Open Model Call contestant will meet a panel of industry judges consisting of representatives from: Mario Tricoci, Fitness Formula Clubs, Factor |Chosen and Matt Ferguson Photography. Each judge scores based on their field of expertise and the contestant's average score determines their eligibility for the Semi-Finals.
8. What time should I arrive for open the model calls?
We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early for the model calls, to secure your place in line and complete the required paperwork.
- See more at: http://www.tricoci.com/m4/rules-faq/#sthash.iZXfUTcf.dpuf
9. If my score at the Open Model Calls determines that I am eligible for the Semi-Finals, what happens next?
Contestants whose scores make them eligible for the Semi-Finals event will be contacted by Friday, June 17, 2016 . The Semi-Finals event will take place at 9:30am on Thursday, June 23, 2016 at the Rooftop at the Wit Hotel Chicago (201 N. State St. Chicago, IL. 60601).
10. What if I don’t have any modeling experience?
This contest is about discovering talent that exists within you! We encourage everyone who thinks they may have what it takes to become a professional model to attend an open call. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
11. I am a working model. Am I eligible to participate?
If you have an active contract with an agency you are not eligible to participate in or win Mario, Make Me a Model.
12. I have previous modeling experience, but am not currently under contract with any agency or representation. Am I eligible to win?
If you are not currently working for or represented by an agent or agency you are eligible to participate in Mario, Make Me a Model.
13. Will I receive a modeling contract if I win?
You will receive consideration for a contract with Factor | Chosen.
14. How many models have been signed as a result of participating in Mario, Make Me a Model?
Over the past eight years, nearly 75% of the finalists in the contest have received contracts.
15. What prizes will I win if I am a finalist or winner?
16. Will I win if I receive the most votes?
Not necessarily. The number of votes received by any given finalist will influence the decision of Mr. Mario Tricoci in selecting a winner, but represents only a portion of the competition. The winner is selected based on performance throughout the Mario, Make Me a Model program. Finalists will be judged on* their:
i. TV Commercial
ii. Fashion Photo Shoot
iii. Runway Show
v. Fitness Training
vi. Model Training
vii. Overall improvement
*May include other areas of judging not listed above.