Rules & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions - Open Model Calls
1. Do I need to preregister for the Open Model Calls?
No. You will be provided with registration paperwork upon your arrival at the Open Model Call.
2. Do I need to attend more than one Model Call?
No. Contestants should only plan to attend one of the three Open Model Call events.
3. What should I bring to the model calls?
a. Please bring a photo ID (driver’s license, passport or government issued identification card). If you are under age 18 you must have a parent or guardian with you.
b. Please do not bring any photographs or look books with you. Anything you give to the judges will be discarded and will not be reviewed or returned.
4. Is there an age requirement to participate in Mario, Make Me a Model?
Yes, contestants must be 16 years of age or older as of August 28, 2018.
There is no age limit to participate.
5. Do I need a parent or guardian with me if I am under age 18?
Yes. You will need a parent or guardian with you at the Open Model Call and at all times throughout the Mario, Make Me a Model competition.
6. What should I wear? Should my hair and makeup be done for the Open Model Call?
You should come with hair, makeup and wardrobe that best represents your personal style. Whatever makes you look and feel beautiful is what we want to see! We'll be snapping a photo as a part of the Model Call experience.
7. What should I expect at the Open Model Call that I attend?
Each Open Model Call contestant will meet a panel of industry judges consisting of representatives from: Mario Tricoci, Fitness Formula Clubs, MP Management, and Matt Ferguson Photography. Each judge scores based on their field of expertise and the contestant's average score determines their eligibility for the Semi-Finals.
8. If my score at the Open Model Calls determines that I am eligible for the Semi-Finals, what happens next?
Contestants whose scores make them eligible for the Semi-Finals event will be contacted by Friday, August 24, 2018. The Semi-Finals event will take place at St. Jane Chicago Hotel, located at 230 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois, 60601.
9. What if I don’t have any modeling experience?
This contest is about discovering talent that exists within you! We encourage everyone who thinks they may have what it takes to become a professional model to attend an open call. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
10. I am a working model. Am I eligible to participate?
If you have an active contract with an agency you are not eligible to participate in or win Mario, Make Me a Model.
11. Under what circumstances would I not be eligible?
If someone in your immediate family (including parent or guardian, spouse, sibling, child, or any close relative living in your home) works for the following companies: Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas, Tricoci University of Beauty Culture, MP Management, Wella Professionals, Matt Ferguson Photography, CBS TV, Michigan Avenue Magazine, Modern Luxury, Fitness Formula Clubs, Apple Vacations or Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, you are not eligible to participate in this contest.
12. I have previous modeling experience, but am not currently under contract with any agency or representation. Am I eligible to win?
If you are not currently working for or represented by an agent or agency you are eligible to participate in Mario, Make Me a Model.
13. Will I receive a modeling contract if I win?
You will receive consideration for a contract with MP Management.
14. How many models have been signed as a result of participating in Mario, Make Me a Model?
Over the past eight years, nearly 75% of the finalists in the contest have received contracts.
15. What prizes will I win if I am a finalist or winner?
16. Will I win if I receive the most votes?
Online voting determines which two-page spread will run in Michigan Avenue Magazine The judges evaluate finalists on 8 different parts of the competition with Mr. Mario Tricoci making the final decision on the night of the Fashion Show. The popularity of one or another of the ads weighs in on the contestant’s overall score, but is not a deciding factor. By the time of the fashion show, each finalist will have been evaluated on the following areas.
TV Commercial shoot
Overall improvement and commitment
*final evaluation may include other areas of judging not listed above